Get an authorization code to transfer my domain to another registrar
If you want to transfer your domain to another company, the other company may ask for an authorization code (also known as EPP codes or transfer keys) to verify that you own the domain name.
Note: If you need an authorization code to transfer a domain to Kore Domains instead, see Get an authorization code to transfer my domain to Kore Domains. Many country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs) don't require an authorization code. However, there are a few exceptions where you'll need to call Kore Domains support to get an authorization code. For more information, see Authorization codes to transfer ccTLDs
To get an authorization code, you'll want to verify the Administrative contact's email address (because that's where we'll send the authorization code) and then request the authorization code. Here's how:
- Log in to your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab.
- Next to the domain you want to use, click Manage.
- On the Domains Settings page, under Contact Information, click the Edit link.
- Verify that the information for the Administrator is correct. The authorization code will be sent to the administrator's email address.
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section and click the Authorization code link.
- Check your email. The authorization code will be sent to the administrative contact within 24 hours.
Notes:If you don't see the Administrative contact's information, uncheck Use for all contact types. If you have an .at, .au, or .eu domain name, we'll send the authorization code to the Registrant contact's email address as it displays in the Whois database.
Note: You won't be able to transfer your domain for a 60-day period if you change the Organization name for the registrant contact, or if you change the First name and Last name for the registrant contact if an organization isn't the legal registrant for your domain name.
I didn't get my authorization code, now what?
If the administrative contact hasn't received the authorization code after 24 hours, you can download it by following the steps listed in Get an authorization code via download.