Set up a custom 404 page
404 pages display when someone tries to access a page on your website that doesn't exist.
Our hosting accounts allow you to use your home page as your 404 page, or you can create a custom one.
Note: Server-side scripts, such as ASP.NET and PHP, might not work on custom 404 pages because of how Web server software (i.e. IIS and Apache) handles them.
- Log in to your Palace Wizard account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Settings section of the Hosting Control Panel, click the 404 Error Options icon.
- To edit the 404 error page preference for your hosting account, select one of the error-page options.
Note: To use a customized 404 error page, you must first upload a custom page to your hosting account, and then enter the URL to your custom page.
- Click Continue.
- Review and verify your 404 error page preferences. If everything looks OK, click Submit.
Note: Links in the 404 page must be absolute, e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/page.html or else they will break when clicked from the 404 page.